Thursday, August 25, 2011

Isaac being used by God

So I am on a roll! Two blogs in two days. I really wanted to get this one up because it's just another amazing story of God using Isaac to touch someone else's life. This weekend was a complete whirl wind of emotions. Friday morning we found out that Matt's Grandpa Robinson passed away to be with His heavenly Father. Praise God he is no longer suffering and in any pain! He was one of the most devoted ministers I have ever met and made sure that everyone he came in contact with knew Jesus the one he preached 63 years about! What a life and legacy! More on that in another blog :).....

That same day we found out Mac had fleas...which meant major cleaning and fogging the house. So Saturday we evacuate the house to Nana's while we waited for the defogging of the fleas!  Nana as soon as we hit the doors...let's go to Jonesboro to Hobby Lobby in Wal-Mart. -Being the mother I am I hesitated because I knew Isaac would have to be in the car quite a bit over the next two days for Grandpa Robinson's funeral but who can say no to Nana right?  So we headed to hobby lobby first oh how I could stay in there for hours!  We got a few things to start Isaac's scrapbooking and I find the first available checker or should I say God picked her for us. : )

Now we get up there and immediately she looks at Isaac and says how old is he?  I begin the process of explaining  he is 6 months old..we get this question every time we check out I do believe. But then she's asks a not so normal question. What day was he born on?  I said January 31st.  She said, My baby boy is the same age. He was born on January 30th. Of course I thought oh cool how neat...that thought changed after her next statement.  She then proceeds to tell me her baby was  a still born. She carried her baby the full nine months only to lose him. My heart sank. She said that he had wrapped the cord around him. She said that this was her first day back at work and that she had been wondering what her little boy would look like about now and that seeing Isaac helped make her day a little bit better.  I proceeded to ask her name which is Heidi by the way. I told her that Isaac and I would be sure to keep her in our prayers. She said be sure to hug and kiss that baby everyday, and then she said this which was even more amazing. I know that my baby in heaven is being held and loved more than I could ever.

All that in one moment. Just a check out. Now I did not even make it out the door before crying my eyes out.  My mind began racing with thoughts.  I can't imagine and then I think that was almost Isaac. If only God hadn't intervened and made it to where my appointment was changed to Monday instead of Friday...that would have been Isaac. Then of course the Why question. Why God did you not spare that baby. What plan do you have for Isaac that you saved him. Then God tells me...Isaac is going to let others see that I can still do miracles, that I am the One who can give hope, peace and love to those who need it.   This is not the first time he's used Isaac like this every time I am just more amazed and yes scared.  I think as Isaac's parents we have the responsibility of allowing God to use him and teaching Isaac to let God use him in whatever ways He wants. The decisions we make for him have huge effects. What if I would have been lazy and not went...Heidi would have never felt the peace she may have needed.

I say that to say this...(step on soap box)....as parents we are there to make those decisions for them right now until they are old enough too...like when their 18 : ) Example: because i've seen this hundred's of times. Parent to child-"do you want to go to church today?" What kind of question is that? YOU are the Parent! Of course they are going to say no so they can stay at home sleep in, watch t.v., go to their softball/baseball/basketball/football whatever practice or game.  If we don't take a stand and make the decisions that are Godly decisions for our children how do we expect them to just grow up doing things for Christ if just expect them to figure it out on their own? We must pour as much of Jesus in them as possible!

So yes I know that's alot but it's been heavy on my heart the more I replay her story and seeing our duty as parents to be the best Godly parents we know to be. One's that show our children how greatly you can be blessed if you just let God use you and listen to Him. This mother thing is so great, exciting, nerve racking, and very scary. I'm doing the best I can but I must do better in allowing God to use us as a family. I don't want Isaac to ever doubt our love for God.  So, just a bunch of random things going on in my head that I needed to put out somewhere else. I pray for Heidi today God that you would give her a love and peace only you can give.

Love,
Sarah and Isaac

six weeks old
six months old


1 comment:

  1. Great Post, Sarah!
    We have to give our children to God, just like Abraham "laid down Isaac" on that altar - every day, all their lives. Mine are grown, and I still finding myself having to lay them down again and again. He is trustworthy!

    ReplyDelete